Non Surgical Nose Job for a Balanced Look
A well balanced nose is one of the most prominent features of the face. It is essential for facial harmony and of course, a positive self-image. Both men and women frustrated by the appearance of their nose can now achieve dramatic improvement in facial harmony and balance with the help of a quick non surgical nose job.
What is a Non Surgical Nose Job
A non surgical nose job helps people change the appearance of their nose within minutes through the use of dermal fillers, all without surgery. Dermal fillers can correct nose shape, give a more harmonious feel to the face along with a nice boost of confidence and self-esteem.
Until recently, surgical nose job or Rhinoplasty was the only option to change the appearance of the nose. Like any other surgical procedure, Rhinoplasty involves some additional risks and a longer period of downtime.
The non-invasive / non-surgical nose job can safely and quickly resolve the appearance of bumps and crooked and drooping tips without the discomfort of a recovery that is normally associated with a traditional Rhinoplasty surgery. An important thing to remember here is that a non surgical nose job cannot reduce the size of the nose or nasal cartilage. If more dramatic changes are desired, patients must choose surgical Rhinoplasty instead.
How It Works
When performed by Dr. Gallo, a non surgical nose job may be the best option for:
- Filling in minor defects of surgical nose surgery (Rhinoplasty)
- Correcting nose symmetry
- Modifying a low bridge
- Enhancing or changing the shape of the nose tip
- Adding more dimension to the nose
- Smoothing the awkward nasal bump
The non surgical nose job is a much quicker and less invasive procedure. However it is not the right choice for patients who want to reduce the size of a very large nose or want to alter the nasal projection.
People who are looking to change the width and length of the nose dramatically need to opt for a surgical Rhinoplasty. Generally the non-surgical nose job is ideal for candidates who are looking for more subtle changes such as changing the appearance of the nasal tip or correcting a nasal bump.
What are the benefits of Nose Dermal Fillers?
There are several advantages of a non-surgical nose job using dermal fillers.
- Dermal fillers used in the procedure are temporary. This means that if a patient is not satisfied with the results, the effects of fillers can fade and a new treatment approach can be attempted.
- This procedure can help achieve natural looking results. The dermal fillers typically last 6 to 12 months, hence for patients who are reluctant about permanently changing the appearance of their nose; this non surgical nose job is a great option.
- Dermal fillers can be used with precision which allows surgeons to achieve extremely delicate and specific improvement. Such accuracy and precision is difficult to achieve with a traditional nose surgery.
- Results of dermal filler injections are visible soon after the procedure. On the other hand, Rhinoplasty results can take up to a year to refine and become visible.
- Patients are fully conscious during the procedure and they can provide real-time feedback so that the procedure can meet their expectations and goals.
- Since there is no extensive downtime, patients can return to work or their usual routine soon after the procedure. There might be minor bruising or redness which goes away quickly.
- Unlike traditional Rhinoplasty, a non surgical nose job does not involve cutting or alteration of the nasal cartilage.
- Only simple injections are involved so the procedure is quick and does not require weeks of healing.
- There is minimum risk of infection or complication with a non surgical nose job as the process does not require anesthesia or incisions..
- The procedure is typically completed within 15 minutes unlike a traditional surgical Rhinoplasty which takes about 1-2 hours to complete.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Non-Surgical Nose Job?
The non surgical nose job procedure is quick and does not involve extensive downtime. Ideal candidates for a non surgical Rhinoplasty are people who are looking for:
- Subtle and natural looking results
- Results that are quick and are not permanent
- A corrective procedure with minimal pain and recovery
Dr. Gallo will first perform a thorough evaluation to determine whether or not a non surgical nose job is the right choice for the desired outcome. If patients are looking for a more dramatic transformation, the facial plastic surgeon might then recommend a traditional Rhinoplasty. If the desired goals and outcomes of the patient can be met with a simple dermal filler injection, the procedure is fairly quick and simple.
The Non surgical nose job can take about 15 to 30 minutes and is usually done as an office procedure. Patients have the opportunity to inform the surgeon exactly what they expect from the treatment while the dermal fillers are being injected.
The 15 minute procedure starts with a topical anesthetic or numbing cream being applied to the top of the nose. This numbing cream is allowed to sit for some time. After thoroughly cleansing the skin, the surgeon will inject dermal fillers to smooth out sharp angles, restore facial symmetry, change the tip of the nose and make the nose appear straighter.
A series of extremely precise injections will be performed at the desired points along the nose. The amount of dermal filler injected will depend on the type of correction the plastic surgeon is trying to achieve.
Most of these filler injections involve minimal discomfort. The tip of the nose however is more sensitive than other areas of the nose. These dermal filler injections can effectively eliminate bumps, lift the nose tip and blend the nose perfectly into the rest of the face making it less noticeable.
Most patients are amazed to see how this quick procedure can add more volume to the nose. They are quite happy to go home without anyone being able to identify that they had any kind of aesthetic procedure done.
What is used for the Dermal Filler Nose Job?
Usually safe and reliable hyaluronic acid fillers are used in this procedure. These fillers have been used to eliminate facial wrinkles and plump facial skin for years and have been proven to be safe.
The good thing about these temporary hyaluronic acid fillers is that they do not form a lump within the tissue and the effect can be reversed completely if the patient is not happy with the results. Since these fillers dissolve evenly and symmetrically over time, they leave no ugly traces behind. Hyaluronic acid is one of the body’s natural components and is broken down by the enzymes gradually.
How Long will it Last?
Generally dermal filler injections are effective for about six months. Some doctors have been using longer lasting fillers which remain effective for more than a year. During the initial consultation, the surgeon will evaluate a patient’s unique needs as well as specific results desired. The surgeon will then determine which type of filler would work best with the patient’s body and skin type to achieve the exact look they desire.
Liquid Nose Job for Dorsal Bumps
Dorsal bumps can be effectively treated with dermal fillers. These fillers are injected directly above and below the bump to camouflage it. To correct a small nasal tip, dermal fillers are injected directly into the tip in a precise fashion. This non surgical nose job can also be used to correct any asymmetrical area skillfully.
This procedure does not involve general anesthesia or IV sedation so there is no effect on consciousness and normal breathing. Patients are able to give feedback during and after the procedure.
As the surgeon (Dr. Gallo) injects fillers, there is no bleeding or swelling however, patients might notice mild redness at the injection spot. This mild redness is typically resolved within a day and doesn’t require medication.
There is no downtime and patients are able to return to their normal activities as soon as the procedure is completed. It is also completely safe to apply makeup after a non surgical nose job. It is recommended that patients avoid intense exercise and alcohol intake for at least 24 hours following dermal filler injections. For best results, patients should refrain from wearing heavy sunglasses.
The results to expect
The outcomes of dermal filler injections depend on the skills of the plastic surgeon. It is important that the surgeon has a clear understanding of facial symmetry and balance in order to create the most natural looking results.
Typically dermal fillers used in the procedure remain effective for about 6 months and the results are instant. The results can be made long-lasting with the help of maintenance injections. Most patients prefer to return to their plastic surgeons after every 6 months for touch-ups.
If the patient is unsatisfied for any reason, a special enzyme is injected into the treated area that immediately dissolves hyaluronic acid filler. Long lasting fillers are slightly difficult to dissolve but they too, are ultimately reabsorbed by the body over the period of few months.