What is a Facelift Revision?
Facelift revisions are cosmetic procedures that are performed to modify and enhance the outcomes of a prior facelift surgery. A facelift revision may consist of one or multiple procedures. In addition, a facelift revision can be performed surgically or using minimally invasive treatments.
How it Works?
A number of principles and techniques are used in facelift revisions. This includes adding more volume to your cheeks, use of fat transfers to enhance facial contours, and lifting your skin and deep tissues in your neck and cheeks to enhance definition and structure.
Depending on the results of prior facelift procedures, Dr. Gallo can adapt a few facelift techniques to satisfy your precise needs.
You should first consult Dr. Gallo about your facelift revision for identifying areas of concern with your facial appearance. In numerous cases, patients are not able to precisely articulate the issues with their previous results, but a skilled facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Gallo will be able to identify the root cause of your problems that can range from loose skin to fat deposits.
The consultation will give you the chance to discuss matters like:
- Previous surgeries
- Goals of current facelift revision
- Any medications you are taking
- Facelift revision options
- Likely outcomes of the proposed surgery
- The use of anesthesia
- Any potential complications or risks
Facelift Revision Pre-Operative Instructions
It is important to follow the instructions listed below:
- Avoid products containing ibuprofen, aspirin or Vitamin E
- Refrain from nicotine products
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C
- Stop drinking alcohol a week before surgery
- Avoid wearing makeup, hair gels or sprays on the day of your surgery
Fortunately, a number of problems with inadequate previous facelift procedures can be fixed with Dr. Gallo using non-surgical techniques.
A common issue such as a lack of adequate volume is revised with injectable fillers like Voluma. The dermal filler can improve sunken facial features and enhance your facial contours.
The filler is precisely and carefully injected into your soft facial tissues to significantly restore facial volume. Dermal fillers do not alter your ability to achieve facial expressions.
The relevant facial region will be numbed using an anesthetic to reduce discomfort. Dr. Gallo will skillfully inject Voluma into the needed areas, to fit your facial structure. The complete procedure will take about 15-20 minutes.
Although you will need little recovery after the injection, the facial area might have some temporary redness or you may a little bit of discomfort.
Enhance Satisfaction with a Brow Lift or Cable Lift
In some people, surgical correction may be needed to rectify the features causing dissatisfaction. Dr. Gallo will discuss the most suitable surgical intervention for your face. This may include an endoscopic brow lift or cable lift.
These two procedures can make a big impact in refining and enhancing your facial proportions. This minimally invasive procedure requires Dr. Gallo to make precise and minute incisions that lift the brows, while also smoothing the forehead.
These procedures often complement the initial facelift that might have tightened the lower region of your face, but not the upper. To create a natural look and minimize facial scarring, Dr. Gallo will uses inconspicuous incisions during facelift revisions.
- Restrict your activity over the first week to light daily activity after
your facelift revision
- Avoid strenuous exercises until cleared to do so
- When resting or sleeping, maintain your head in an elevated position
- Resume a normal daily routine as it is not uncommon to feel anxious after
- Practice deep breathing
- Refrain from having pets sleep with you for the first week after surgery
Just like a regular facelift procedure, a facelift revision will usually require 1 to 3 weeks of recovery to heal completely. You can expect modest bruising, discomfort and swelling in your face. But you can control these symptoms with rest and medications.
A skillfully performed facelift revision by Dr. Gallo can:
- Rectify the distortions from prior surgical procedures
- Correct signs of aging
- Restore your youthful look
- Improve facial contours and tone
- Address residual skin sagging by tightening