Gallo MD’s office officially reopened on May 11 as the ban on elective procedures expired on May 8.
We have always followed CDC (Centers for Disease Control), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and AMA (American Medical Association) guidelines for infection control processes in our office and surgical centers. We are expanding on these important protocols with guidelines and processes advanced by CDC and OSHA related to controlling infections and community spread of the novel Coronavirus as well as taking extra precautions as follows:
- Prior to opening, the office will undergo an extensive deep cleaning.
- We have increased the cleaning frequency of patient rooms, public and common areas, restrooms, waiting areas and any commonly touched surfaces.
- We use disinfectants that are effective in killing the virus that causes COVID-19 and other pathogens.Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office and we encourage you to wash your hands frequently.
- Tissues are available throughout the office for coughing/sneezing and immediate disposal.
- Prior to your appointment you will be required to answer a few questions regarding the state of your health.
- If you feel ill with a fever cough etc., as per the CDC we ask that you stay home until you feel better and reschedule your appointment.
- Only one person/family per waiting area will be permitted; please limit guests to one per patient.
- All staff is required to wear a mask–please do not be offended by this as it is protocol to prevent spreading of viral particles.
- Everyone who enters our facility is required to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- If you prefer to wait in your car until the Doctor is ready to see you, please let us know and we will accommodate your request.
- We have removed frequently touched items such as magazines, coffee machines & snacks.
- We are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and appropriate state guidelines for performing COVID-19 safe surgeries.
Gallo MD is committed to providing the best experience and highest level of care to each of our patients and ensuring that you remain safe at all times. We are here to answer your questions and offer reassurance so that we can continue with our lives in a smart and safe manner.
We are hopeful that as more information becomes available and effective treatments for COVID-19 are discovered, we will be able to relax some of these precautionary measures.